Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Monthly Update


I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted. I've been lulled into the "metro, boulot, dodo" pattern as the French say (subway, job, beddy-by). Work is fine, though at times unneccesarily stressful due to certain strong personalities, and by strong I mean maniac-maniacal slap-dash napoleonic. It hurts my feelings when work steals all of my energy to do, y'know, whatever people do in New York. Yesterday I was almost moved to tears when looking at the theatre listings I realized all the good movies that I've missed! On the other hand I have been trying to enjoy the comedy/improv scene, and have enrolled in "Improv 101" at the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theatre. That'll begin in the beginning of January.

Actually a lot has happened since my digital countenance has last graced your presence. We had a nice Thanksgiving with Uncle David, Audrey attended Supreme Court sessions, I ate the spiciest Thai ever, we swam through 5th Avenue crowds like salmon going upstream to spawn, a rat died in our wall, we saw a Fred Tomaselli exhibit at the Brooklyn Museum, and we furnished our appartment almost entirely with dumpster finds.


Unfortunately, the Tomaselli peices really need to be seen in person. The details are lost in this picture. Many of the works were made of thousands of pharmaceuticals, or seeds, leaves and flowers. Equally unfortunate: we never did find the rat, and had to wait out the natural decomposition process for the stench to abate.


This is the view looking towards our apartment from the museum. You can imagine that the red brick building in the mid-ground is our place (not the tall one up front), even if it's actually farther to the right.

Love to you all!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

napoleonic!

Alida said...

Way to stay on top of the monthly update. You are a model of what a good blaguer shoud be.

Nobody feels bad for you about all the movies you're missing. I do feel bad for you about the rat though. That stinks.

Tell Lu to ease off the wine!

I miss you!!

Alida said...

Ps. That piece looks awesome; I wish I could see it in person. You and your Brooklyn Museum next door.

Andrew Igneous said...

Alida, did you know that 'blaguer' means 'to joke' in French? Sorry if you did know that and that was the joke.